[A112] Kelly Lim
Born in 1991, Kelly Limerick is a Singaporean artist who specialises in crochet art. Having picked up the skill since she was 7 years old, she slowly developed her own freeform style where she works without a set pattern or design. Her work is recognised for its play on textures and ranges from soft sculpture 'Creatures' to textural explorations in abstract forms inspired by nature.
Since 2014, she has been practicing as a visual artist and has been involved in large-scale public art installations, working with brands like Asian Civilisations Museum for Singapore Light to Night Festival 2018, Facebook for their Artist-in-Residency Programme, and most recently Esplanade Visual Arts for Singapore Art Week 2020.
Besides spending time on her own art, she is passionate about discovering more about the arts scene in Japan, specifically the Setouchi Art Triennale where she volunteered in 2016 and worked as a staff in the volunteer group Koebi-tai in 2019.
- 略歴・受賞Career / Prize
- Date of birth: 26.03.1991
Education: Temasek Polytechnic School of Design, Singapore (2008 ~ 2011)
- Children's Season, 2017, Indian Heritage Centre, Malay Heritage Centre, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall (Singapore)
- PAW-sitive, 2017, School of the Arts (Singapore)
- A City of Books, 2018, Bras Basah Complex (Singapore)
- Light to Night Festival, 2018, Asian Civilisations Museum (Singapore)
- REJECTS Group Exhibition, 2019, The Substation (Singapore)
- Home Kitsch Home, 2020, The Esplanade (Singapore)
Brand Collaboration: Disney, Cartoon Network, Nike, New Balance, UGG, Puma, MUJI, Uniqlo, Tiger Beer, Singapore Tourism Board, Apple
- @Vogue Instagram, 2019
- Augustman (Singapore), 2018
- Harper's Bazaar (Singapore), 2018
- Prestige (Singapore), 2018
- Pin Prestige (Singapore), 2018
- The Art of Crochet (UK), 2018
- Channel Newsasia (SEA), 2018
- The Straits Times (Singapore), 2017
- L'officiel (Singapore), 2017